Wednesday, November 2, 2011

6 months of marriage

today, i am grateful for 6 months of married life.

thanks for stopping in to read today; if you want to, feel free to join me in praying for my marriage today.

Lord, thank You so much for 6 months of marriage, and for providing me such a wonderful husband to share my life with.  Lord, I am so thankful for him; he reflects Your love and forgiveness to me over and over again.

I pray You would protect our marriage from anything that would harm or destroy it. Shield it from our own selfishness and neglect, from the evil plans and desires of others, and from unhealthy or dangerous situations.  May there be no thoughts of divorce or infidelity in our hearts, and none in our future. Set us free from past hurts, memories, and unrealistic expectations of one another. I pray that there be no jealousy in either of us, or the low self-esteem that precedes that. Let nothing come into our hearts and habits that would threaten our marriage in any way.  

Unite us in a bond of friendship, commitment, generosity, and understanding. Eliminate our immaturity, hostility, or feelings of inadequacy. Help us to make time for one another alone, to nurture and renew our marriage and remind ourselves of the reasons we were married in the first place. I pray that Bud (and me, too!) will be so committed to You, Lord, that his (and my!) commitment to me will not waiver, no matter what storms come. I pray that our love for each other will grow stronger every day, and help us to be used by You to love others and bring grace and truth to people around us. Fill us with Your Spirit, Lord, so that we can truly love one another out of Your strength and not our own.  In Jesus' precious name---- Amen.

adapted from The Power of a Praying Wife, Stormie Omartian (1997, Harvest House Publishers)

No comments:

Post a Comment