Friday, June 7, 2013

Coconut Chicken


I had such a fun time making this chicken! :)
A perfect recipe for 2 people (obviously you can double/triple it), and I love that it's EASILY convertible to a Gluten-Free recipe! :)

Coconut Chicken
serves 2, total time about 15 minutes
ingredients:
*****Note: I didn't measure when I made this; so feel free to add/subtract amounts as you see fit! I am just estimating what I did) :)

* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 breast tenderloins, actually; gave one to myself and 2 to the Doctor) :) BUT you could easily use a few chicken thighs, too! whatever you like.
* 1 egg
* about 1/2 to 2/3 cup flour
* about 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut 
* about 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
* pinches of salt & pepper
* 4 Tbsp. Coconut Oil

**To make Gluten-free, substitute Gluten-free flour for the all-purpose wheat flour; Substitute GF breadcrumbs for the Panko-- OR I bet a GF cereal like Rice Krispies or Chex would be awesome! :)  The purpose of the Panko was just to give it some crunch! :)

directions:
Heat the Coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
Blend the flour, coconut, Panko, and salt and pepper in a food processor until it comes together (about 10-15 seconds). :)  Place breading mixture on a plate.
Beat the egg in a small bowl (but big enough to dip your chicken).
Dip chicken into the egg, then into the breading.
Cook breaded chicken in Coconut oil until golden brown; flip; cook on other side till golden brown. :) 

I served this with wild rice and sauteed spinach! ;)
Enjoy! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment