Tuesday, August 2, 2011

praying for his self-image

My friend Lynn is seriously God's provision for me.  I am REALLY thankful for her.

We are reading through "Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian, and this little book is such a fantastic tool for me to learn how to pray as a wife for my husband {Bud}.  :)  The author has TONS of different things that wives can pray for their husbands-- for example: "his work," "his purpose," "his emotions," etc.  Tonight, I read through the chapter entitled "his self-image."  

I sat in my living room and prayed alone for a while, but then I remembered this blog... and I just thought, "I want to include the Body of Christ in praying for my dear, wonderful husband."  So. :)  From time to time, I will post specific prayers from chapters in the book.

Thank you for joining me in praying for my dear husband!  This prayer is a combination of my own writing & Stormie's (pg. 192 in her book). :)

Lord, I pray that Bud will find his identity in You.  Help him to understand his worth through Your eyes and by Your standards.  May he recognize the unique qualities You've placed in him and be able to appreciate them.  Enable him to see himself the way You see him, Father, for I know "The LORD looks down from heaven; He sees all the children of man; from where He sits enthroned He looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth; He who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds" (Psalm 33:13-15).  Father, You see Bud; help him know that You are a God who sees... AND who responds!  Let Bud have patience to wait on You, for as his soul waits on You-- you are "our help and our shield." (Ps. 33:20).  Give my husband ears to hear Your voice above all others, gently reminding him that it will not be his own perfection that gets him through life successfully, but it is Yours.  Remind him that You are the Shepherd, and he is a sheep; that You are the vine and he is a branch; that You are our loving Father and we are your kiddos, who can run to you and trust you with everything.  Give Bud the peace and security of knowing that he is accepted, not rejected, by You.  Free him from the self-focus and self-consciousness that can imprison his mind and emotions.  Help him to see who YOU really are so he'll know who he really is.  May his true self-image be the image of CHRIST stamped upon his soul!  In Your name I pray, Jesus--- Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment