Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy ( 1 year ) Anniversary, Dr. & Mrs. :)

one year of wedded bliss!  :)  we can hardly believe it. 
 
seems like yesterday we were walking down the aisle, thinking, gosh i can't believe that just happened!   

i just can't help but post a few pictures from our glorious wedding day.  hope you enjoy a stroll down memory lane with me!... *sigh*. :)




golly gosh i just LOVED those garden roses!  fluffy bunches of cotton candy petals!
lol this is a tradition from my husband's family-- the groom always gets smooched by a couple of the brothers.  makes for a funny pic. haha! :)


this was my "something blue." my great-grandma made the lace around this handkerchief by hand!  (a process called "tatting")


*SIGH.* :)  What a special day!



 All of our beautiful wedding photos were taken by the WONDERFUL Amy Covey.  If you ever need portraits done for any occasion, you should definitely look into her!  Not only is she talented, but she's kind, flexible, creative, and willing to do pretty much anything her clients need to capture all those special moments!
you should definitely chcek out at her website!

for gifts, i made the doctor this sweet little frame. (thanks for the idea, Pinterest!)

i got all my supplies at JoAnn Fabrics using coupons and sales due to their Grand Opening of this new store (yay!).  it was SO FUN to do a little project and have something that we'll use again and again to write sweet messages to each other!  

just when i thought my gift was sweet... my husband totally blew me outta the water! :)  he got me pretty much the most beautiful red rose in the history of roses---- check this thing out- it's like a carbon-copy of the Beauty and the Beast rose!  haha :)

and THEN he did something i wasn't expecting... at. all.

he had a sweet man at our church paint a one-of-a-kind watercolor painting for our apartment.  ahh!!!!!!!!! :)


oh it is SO beautiful; my camera and this rainy-day lighting do NOT do it justice.
the story behind it-----
i wrote in a special journal for months while dating & being engaged--- and on our wedding day, i had my sister run it over to Dr. Bud before the ceremony started.  i wrote my LAST entry in this journal on the morning of our wedding day.  OH!-- and for Christmas that year, my aunt got me a tear-off daily calendar-- where each day gets its own picture.  all the pictures in the calendar were from Italy-- which was special for me since I lived there for 2 years.  ANYWAY- on the morning of our wedding, i get to the picture for April 30 and it was this beautiful snapshot of an alley in Trastevere-- a neighborhood in Rome.  The exact neighborhood where Bud and I had spent the most WONDERFUL afternoon back in 2010 when he came to visit me over his med school spring break!  i thought it was so funny that on the morning of our wedding, the picture could have been from any random place in Italy--- but it happened to be a picture from Rome-- where Bud and I had really special memories. 

WELL-- as i haven't been living with him for the last 3 months (with my Mom getting in a car wreck and spending weeks in the hospital), he took this picture and gave it to the man at church--- and this painting has been in the works for weeks----- and was done and given to me yesterday at church!!  ahhhh i was BLOWN AWAY by the thoughtfulness and creativity of my husband's gift....... it's something i will treasure FOREVER! :)


4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Ella I cannot believe it has been a FULL year!!! Congrats girl :) Love you and SO blessed by your encouragement!! (PS- your sweet note on my blog was so wonderful- do not feel bad AT ALL about the Miami note- you have had a lot going on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, stef, for rejoicing with us!
      still praying for you & baby C! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Ella: Congrats on your anniversary. Glad you were able to spend it in Toledo with dear Jeremy! May God continue to bless your marriage and life together with Him. Love you. Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jana, me too! it was a huge blessing to come home and have some time together!!! thanks again for celebrating with us! love you! :)
      p.s.-- i would still love to get coffee one of these days! haha :) :) :)

      Delete