Monday, September 19, 2011

Today I am grateful for...

  • lovely rain outside
  • a chance to make "Magic Soup" :), for my dear husband, who has been fighting a cold for the last few days. :(  [recipe here]
  • John 19--- what we are studying in Bible study on Wednesday.  Jesus going to the Cross.  Heart-wrenching and intense.
  • homemade whole-wheat [no knead!] bread... [recipe here]
  • Pity Jane (our Kitty) who lives with us.
  • Brach's "Autumn Mix" candy. Tastes like the beginning of fall, and my mom buying me some on sale at CVS (which she totally did again this year.) :)
  • Income.  Thank You, Father, for providing for us... through Bud's job and through the occaisional substitute-teaching jobs that I get... that we can have some money to give back to Your Kingdom, as well as paying our bills & buying groceries so we can eat.
  • Sweeeet weddings where the bride and groom just loooove Jesus and are joined together in the rich covenant of marriage!  --->We went to a beautiful one yesterday.  Congrats, Luke & Shari! <3
  • The gas-burning stove & oven in our apartment--- blue flames of goodness totally make sense to me in the kitchen.
  • this morning's bowl of Cocoa Puffs: breakfast of champions. :)
  • The beautiful voice of singer/songwriter Adele.
 And finally... today, I am grateful for Journaling. I have been keeping journals now, for... a long time!.. and I am dearly thankful for how they allow me to look back on the story of my life, and what the Lord has done in and through me... how He's changed me... the tears I cried... the giggles I had with the Lord on our dates... in places, all over this world, that He's captivated my heart, romanced me, drawn me out of the wilderness, pulled me out of the pit...... and set my feet upon a broad place where He is there, and always with me, even until the end of the age.  Thank you, Jesus :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment